Saturday, July 04, 2020

Lapis Re:LiGHTs - Episode 1 - Lavie Proudly Bounces


Lavie is airheadedly proud of being in the bottom tier at school and in danger of flunking out, which would make main character Tiara also flunk. Lavie is just attached to superlatives, not caring about which direction they point.


The opening credits feature almost all of the magical girl idols and their subgroups. Hinting at big backstory is how the Chloe, the current director of the magic school, used to partner with Tiara's big sister Eliza. Since Eliza objected to Tiara going to this school, she may have pulled a favor from her old colleague in placing Tiara in the group with the highest odds of flunking her out and sending her home as quickly as possible. I also picked out my favorite darki-skinned blondie who likes baking cakes. Just show me Ratura every week and I'll keep watching.



The end credits show Tiara's old and new friends, Lynette, Ashley, Rosetta, and Lavie, growing closer in friendship and "friendship." Rosetta is Tiara's childhood friend and current roommate. This makes them "bosom buddies," yes?


The preview for next time shows Ratura winking at me, er, introducing herself and Lavie weighing her options. I guess I'll be watching again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.