Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Finds from the Grind - Rest Stop Cameo


Another rest stop cameo, this time in the rain at San Dimas Canyon Park on May 12, 2018.

I'm calling these rare moments, where the camera mounted to my bike actually records me walking around, a "rest stop cameo." And yes, there was some movie editing involved so you didn't see how long I was actually, uh, rest-stopping...

Speaking of "resting" during a ride, in recent years I've become pretty good at balancing my hydration with sweating and filling my bladder. The only time my need to drink results in frequent, okay, one or two stops during a 3 to 4 hour ride is when it rains on me. My exertion levels haven't changed in these conditions, but my need to use that water for body heat regulation is totally negated by wet clothing. So my thirst due to exertion is the same, which requires me to drink, but my bloodstream says, "nah, we're good," for temperature control and that extra fluid has to end up at these nice little parks scattered throughout the San Gabriel foothills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.