Thursday, September 15, 2016

Finds from the Grind - Climb to Red Box



This is time lapse video of my climb to Red Box from Clear Creek on Angeles Crest Hwy on August 6th. It was my first time going all the way up there and it's about a 44 mile round trip for me. It's only (only!) a 4 mile climb from Clear Creek, but that's already after a 10 mile climb from La Canada.

If you stick with the video all the way to the end, you'll hear me try to pronounce Haramokngna. I did go inside and ask how you say it and I wasn't too far off. Just no long vowels.

The Red Box Picnic Area (and yes there is a red box somewhere around there) is also the base of the climb to Mount Wilson using Mt. Wilson Red Box Road. Two weeks later, I went up there for the first time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.