Monday, March 23, 2015

Finds from the Grind - Good Morning Chantry Climb



A nice morning climb up to Chantry Flat. Breakfast included. Ever since I tweaked my training program for this year, I've noticed two differences in my performance as I build my base fitness. First, my downhill average speeds are higher than last year. I don't know why. Second, my top end effort on extreme gradients is faster than last year too. I have a theory for this. One of my tweaks was adding in strength training, which was simply using a heavier gear for starts at intersections, while I train muscular endurance on the position I use for steep climbs, which is holding on to brake hoods. That seems to be working. I won't be doing well on the intermediate climbs until I've built up to peak fitness. Very encouraging results so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.