Monday, December 17, 2007

For All Your Hard Work...

So, you think that at the top of every urban climb in Southern California there should be a pretty view? Well, sometimes, all you get is a reminder you climbed 600 feet and now it's time to turn around. At least I got some birds singing as I looked at the dead end signs. Oh, and usually, when you hear rustling in the bushes by the side of the road, you expect it to be a small mammal of some sort, that will rustle the brush away from you after you startle it. I didn't expect to almost collide with a red-tail hawk as it came jumping out the bush. And, I scared her again on my way down. Thankfully, she didn't take off the second time around, because I wouldn't even know how to explain that crash.

"Well, you see, I startled this bird, and it came shooting out of the brush, but it turned out to be a hawk, and its talons got caught in my helmet, and I had this big bird of prey trying to pry my head off my shoulders, and as I tried to release my helmet from my head, I went down, and I lost my helmet. ... Yes, it had large talons."

2 comments:

  1. what the heck? i can't see any photos!

    i saw the rat/possum one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is actually a video...

    Did the install of the plug-in work?

    ReplyDelete

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.