Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Spiderman 3 Just Released: On DVD!

When I found out that Spiderman 3 was going to premier in Japan, I thought, "Wow, that is an extremely bad idea." Why? Because I knew this would happen. Asian cultures, for the most part, do not particularly care about the quality of their media experience, as long as it's cheap. They just want to be first to see something new, or join those who have already seen it. It won't matter if the picture on the DVD is jostling around, or shadowy heads and figures move across the bottom of the screen. What's important, is they can say, "I already saw it," and bask in the glow of envy or group camaraderie. But it's still illegal, and the US distributors better hope a digital version has not been uploaded to a torrent site. Hopefully, these two dogs are still on the case, and can sniff the pirates out.

Update: Can you guess what search words just scored a hit on my blog the same day I posted about Spiderman piracy? Take your time. No rush.


I hope it wasn't dubbed in Japanese!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.