Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Shokugeki no Soma S5 - Episode 3 - Flavor Comes to Black Gal Megumi


Megumi tasted Asahi Saiba's dish after Souma's had already turned her into a black gal version. What is her next transformation?



Souma and Suzuki-sensei waged a cooking battle with Megumi as the judge. Souma's pork cutlet dish used a blackened cheese dip which turned Megumi into a Black Gal. Meanwhile, Erina is still fainted in the hallway after hearing Suzuki and Souma fight for her.



It turns out that Suzuki is actually Asahi Saiba, taking on Jouichirou's name and winning his knife in a cooking contest. He beat Souma too, cooking a pork cutlet dish, because "his knife told him to," but using a light, white sauce that totally changed Megumi's complexion. He decided not to take Souma's knife because it was an inferior derivative of Jouichirou's.



Erina heard from Doujima that Asahi Saiba is associated with Noir, the underground chef group. Souma heard the same from his father when he went to check on the Yukihira Diner. Jouichirou told his son that the best cooking comes from cooking for someone else. The flashbacks imply greatly that Jouichirou's ideal was his wife, and Souma's mother, Tamako Yukihira.


Some Noir chef's and Asahi paid a visit to Erina's bedroom for some reason. She declared her intention to beat all of them at BLUE. Megumi asserted her inspiration for cooking as the hopes and dreams of her family who operate a traditional Japanese inn. BLUE is going to get wild!

5 comments:

  1. Deleting my comment wasn't really necessary. A simple yes or no answer would have been sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only delete spam or troll comments. If your comment was neither, please try again.

      Delete
  2. I was asking when this series was going to updated because the other series are being updated regularly while this series is almost over and is still back at episode 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I didn't see that comment.

      It may be a while before I continue with Shokugeki, perhaps well into October, because my other hobby is watching pro cycling and they are cramming 6 months of races into three months after all the COVID-19 lockdowns. There's only so much eyeball time in the day. Right now, I am prioritizing sponsored series and episodes I've already seen because I can make the stitches and gifs while I'm watching sports. If you would like to see Shokugeki episodes faster, I encourage you to nudge me through paypal.

      But don't worry, I will finish all the summer season anime, just at a much slower pace.

      Delete
  3. Okay, thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.