Thursday, February 21, 2019

Finds from the Grind - Up the Rio Hondo North


Connecting to the Rio Hondo Bike Path from San Gabriel River Trail on 6/9/2018.

This day on the river trails, San Gabriel River Trail and Rio Hondo Bike Path, was one of exploration. I hadn't been down the SGRT south of the Durfee path that cuts across to the Rio Hondo entrance at San Gabriel Blvd in a long time, and I wanted to create a longer loop around the Emerald Necklace.

So, I did a little look and a little see, and I remembered how much I hated the path around the golf course because it's so chewed up and narrow. I also remembered how much I hate the SGRT transition past San Gabriel Pkwy. That's all kinds of dangerous with bikes trying to go both directions on that stretch of bike lane. And then the supposed entrance with all the signs for the Rio Hondo Bike Path at Grant Rea Park was locked up and I had to roll around to find the secondary entrance. Still, it was fun to explore and I figured out how I want to deal with that longer loop south of the Emerald Necklace. I just need to find a better way of doing the loop the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.