Thursday, December 14, 2017

Finds from the Grind - Rolling Over Devil's Gate Dam


Just a quick stroll through Oak Grove Park and over Devil's Gate Dam on 8/12/2017.

This was on my way back home from Mount Wilson, so I didn't want to dawdle on the dam, but one of these days, I'll stop and take a picture of the dredging project that needs to happen at the base.

Also, I learned that Oak Grove Park, where the dam sits on the upper part of the Arroyo Seco, is technically in Pasadena. I guess that makes sense if JPL, which is just north of the park, can still say they're located in Pasadena even if all their office buildings in other parts of the city have been sold off or leased out.

Runners and mountain bikers love this area, but the access is not very road bicycle friendly. And no, you did not see me running a red light and riding a bike in a cross walk. That would be illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.