Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Finds from the Grind - Climbing With Company


Here are some scenes from my climb up to Mount Wilson on July 15th.

What was fun about this ride was catching onto the wheels of some strong young riders who were leisurely climbing up to Clear Creek. Their "leisurely" pace was about two miles an hour faster than what I was doing, but staying behind them helped me match their pace.

Their selfie game was strong.

The descent from Mount Wilson was less stressful than two weeks prior because I already knew where the gravel patches were. I was hoping more work had been done on the road in the meantime, either to keep repairing the bad cracks or to sweep the gravel clear, but no such luck.

Car clubs and motorcycle clubs are a common sight on Angeles Crest Highway, and I was treated to the sight of a Celica Supra parade on my way down.

Here's some social media pics I posted from that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.