Thursday, July 06, 2017

Finds from the Grind - First 10 Mile Climb of the Year


Climbing up to Clear Creek on May 13th. This was my first time up Angeles Crest this year after all the big rains, so I was expecting a lot of green shrubbery and rocks all over the shoulder. I got what I expected. The descent was a little dodgy with the cars, because I had to keep jumping into the middle of the road to avoid the rock fall in the shoulder. Interestingly enough, this is the earliest in the year I've climbed this long, so I'm also not surprised at how slow I was. My descending skills are way improved from last year, though, which explains how I was able to actually pass someone on a gently curving hill. Still, I have a lot of cardio work to do to match my climbing times from August and September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.