Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Finds from the Grind - Duarte Dirt Track



I checked out the dirt road in Duarte that accesses the newly paved section of bike path to the San Gabriel River Trail. This packed dirt is supposedly how the county wants cyclists to get to the new tar, but it's pretty tricky on 23mm tires. There is a gate closer to the white fence entrance, but I've never seen it open except in those facebook photos in the link. The gravelly driveway next to the school bus depot is always open, so until "phase 2" of the "closing the necklace" happens, that's the guaranteed way to go.

Funnily enough, the first time I ever went north on this track, I posted the 9th fastest overall time for Strava athletes and 7th fastest this year. Yay me on skinny tires!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.