Monday, January 06, 2014

Thank you BCS for making #pukeday a reality for me.


Already tailgating at 8:30 in the morning.

I wasn't planning on doing any hill climbing on my first day back on the bike in over 2 months, because if I do that, I get an adrenaline rush, and I puke my guts out. First day of training is usually puke day, but since I know how to avoid it, I try to see if I can. These last 10 years, that's been only a 50% success rate. Last year I avoided puke day, but not this year. Why? The BCS Bowl is at the Rose Bowl tonight, but they already blocked off the loop and people were already tailgating and barbecuing at 8:30 AM. No leisurely laps for me. I had to climb out after only half a lap, way before I was warmed up, and... splash. Luckily I had prepared for such an event, and only had 1 cup of coffee in me. Still, nertz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.