Sunday, August 25, 2013

Growler

These new Ovila Belgian-style ale bottles are different than the first ones. Gone are paper labels, which were pretty cool looking, and the bottle opening is different too. I usually used a reusable stopper for these champagne style bottles, but these new ones have a wider neck. The stopper couldn't plug up the hole, but after I closed the clamp, I couldn't take it out of the hole either.

The opening curves into a fatter neck, allowing for the cork to pop out without wasting any beer foam, but the same size top allows for the same tight fit for a champagne cork. Well, that means using a regular cork to plug the beer bottle, cuz I'm not drinking 750 ml at 8.5% alcohol in one sitting, which is gauche, or using my old Pyramid Brewery growler. That growler can hold more than 2 and a half wine bottles (64 fl. oz, where 750 ml is 25.3 oz), so that might make drinking this strong Golden Ale too easy. I better be careful...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.