Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Springtime in La Cañada

The trees in Southern California seem to think it's Spring already.


Apple blossoms? Cherry blossoms?

The little pink tree blossoms are out. Which means pollen is about to be dumped all over the road soon, too. Thankfully, I don't have bad allergies, but that doesn't mean I'll be rubbing my eyes and nose with impunity while I'm cycling on the road. Also, another milestone is will be creeping up on me, probably sometime tomorrow.


Soon...
Yes, that is total mileage.

I've owned my bike for four years, and I bought a cycle computer for it less than a year after that, and probably only put about 500 miles on it. Mind you, I was injured and off the bike for about 4 of those months. But big round numbers on digital displays seem to hold some importance over us. I only need to put 18 more miles on my obsession, er, my bike for another big, scary, round number in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.