Friday, July 27, 2007

Helmety Film Festival

While we're over halfway through with the summer that imagination forgot, at least in the film industry, there are still many film festivals out there showcasing new talent. Honestly, it shouldn't take much imagination to fill out the third installments of Shrek, Spiderman, Pirates of the Caribean, Ocean's (insert number here), Bourne Something or Other, plus all the other sequels like Fantastic Four, Harry Potter, Evan Almighty (more spin-off I admit), and Die Hard. Please tell me if I missed any others, because I'm sure I did. But independent films are still being made, just don't be naive to think that talent alone is enough to get you noticed at Cannes or Sundance. It's all about swag, and the coolness of your giftbag, these days. The crew from Blood Gulch entered the Sundance Film Festival with their face masks set to optimum transparency.



"We got something called iPuds... don't ask."

2 comments:

  1. Dude: I was trying to forget that one! Thanks... Now I have to forget it all over again.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.