Saturday, April 07, 2007

Joeschmo 10,000!

What did you expect? Balloons and confetti?

Heh. I'm reminded of the heady days of the tech-bubble, with analysts crowing "NASDAQ 10,000!" (NASDAQ closed yesterday at 2471.34), but this blog did hit 10,000 unique visits since last June. Not bad for only having 2 or 3 regular readers (I know, I'm sure there are at least 5). I want to thank them for thinking I'm funny, enjoying Helmety Goodness Fridays, and appreciating my opinion that bias and errors in science reporting should be pointed out. I also want to thank Google searches, because without them, and my article on dumb dolphins, people wouldn't be wandering over to my little cul-de-sac in the blogosphere. I also want to thank my association with the Don't Hire Deb blog and the community over at Teh Squeaky Wheel. Without those connections, and the ongoing antics of Debbie Frisch, my little page describing her behavior last year would not be as popular, especially when she decides do something new and crazy. I also would not have met my second and third (and more) regular commenters without the friendships started on DHD and carried over to TSW. Interestingly, this is only the third time I've ever written Debbie Frisch's name in a blog post. And finally, I want to thank my 10,000th visitor, whom I suspect is Mariposa coming from a nice server farm in New Jersey, for being one of my 2 or 3 (or more) regular commenters. Thank you all so much for reading.

7 comments:

  1. Dude - Yah Tah!!!

    Time to rake in all that mad blog money that teh Deb&#153 thinks we're all making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, wait, wait - there's MONEY in this 'blog' thing?

    I've gotta get right on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Joe. I'm not *positive* I was visitor number 10,000, but I'm willing to take the credit...especially if you are going to share the mad blog money : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone!

    And Mariposa? It WAS you. I'd share the crazy blog money, but I don't think my bank let's me write checks for fractions of a cent. I think I can get A sunflower seed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Joe! You are one of my favorite gerbils!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.