Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Vuelta a España Rant

Those of you who know me, you already know I'm pretty obsessed with television coverage of the Grand Tours in cycling. I tolerated the weekend updates of the Giro d'Italia, but at least I saw some thigh-burning pedaling. I was a total wreck with the Tour de France coverage, sometimes watching a stage up to three times: couch heaven! But now we get to the last Grand Tour of the season, and what coverage do we have in America? ¡Nada! ¡Es la ultima maldición! My satellite service says that there are two Spanish language stations that have some weekly coverage, but are they included in my package? Noooo! Ten dollars a month extra for each station to add, when I only need it for one hour a day for three weeks. Grr.

At least I can follow the race online, but it's just not the same. Thor Hushovd still leads, big sprinting Norwegian. Wait until the hot mountain stages. Come on Team Discovery Channel, give me some hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.