Thursday, June 29, 2006

Finds from the Grind for June 29, 2006

For my daily ride, my friend Cathy joined me on my "climbing" ride out of the Rose Bowl.  We did a warmup lap around the bowl, then it was up, up, up.  Up Salvia Canyon (which is pretty steep, but thankfully pretty short), up Lida (which is a mile of some hard climbing), and then up Figueroa (just a little bit more) before it's starts going downhill and joins up with Chevy Chase.  Here's a view of the climbing portion of Figueroa:

 

Image
They're starting to grow Oleander bushes to control rock slides.

 

And then the fun part came with the downhill portion of Chevy Chase, winding through La Canada.  We dipped back down into the Rose Bowl, and did a cool down lap. Not bad for just a daily workout.  We needed to watch the time because it was already 90 degrees by 9:15 in the morning.  It was enough to make me pant like a dog:

 

Image
Woof!

 

Okay, I'm mugging for the camera, but really, it was started to get hot.  So, a 20 mile ride in the morning to beat the heat, and now I feel all healthy for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.