Thursday, October 25, 2018

Finds from the Grind - Seeing Red


My first climb up to Red Box of 2018 had me chasing, for a short while, another rider on the descent.

I took this ride up to Red Box on March 31st, when all the ICY signs were still up on Angeles Crest Hwy because of the frost conditions over night. I didn't see any more snow in the clefts of rocks and it just started getting comfortable going downhill again.

This ride was also the end of my Winter base buildup, which meant that I was still slow, and definitely not a monster. I'd have to wait another three months for my power buildup to be complete. But I was never going to be faster going downhill than I would be at this time of the year when I was still fat and sassy, but had some power in my legs. That didn't matter to the guy in red who passed me going back down to La Canada. Frankly, I was surprised to see him at the stoplight. I guess he wasn't going that much faster than I was after all, but still too fast for me to jump on his wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.