Monday, December 18, 2017

Finds from the Grind - Seeing Stars on the Way to Red Box


Here's some time lapse video of the Starlight Crest climb as I made my way up and down the way to Red Box on 8/26/2017.

It's been several years since I climbed Starlight Crest in La Canada, but I figured, why not add some pain to my shortened ride that day? I usually take a 4 hour ride to Mount Wilson on my climbing day, but I had to cut an hour off because some relatives were visiting, so I decided to go up Starlight Crest, which ends up at Angeles Crest Hwy anyway. Woof! 15 percent grades are still tough, but this is the first time I went all the way up it without taking any stops. And then I climbed another 12 miles to Red Box...

A fun thing I saw on the way to Clear Creek was a cyclist wearing red near the top of that 10 mile climb. The route plateaus into a little descent about a mile before Clear Creek, and this guy was definitely aiming to beat me to that point. It just goes to show you that different people have different fitness goals in mind on their own rides. His finish line was definitely different than mine, because I beat him to Clear Creek by almost 2 and a half minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.