Saturday, April 01, 2017

Finds from the Grind - The Sacred Heart Climbs


The fun thing about the Sacred Heart Hill is that there are so many different ways to get to the Inverness - St. Katherine intersection. This is some video from last Saturday's ride where I turned my last base fitness training session a leg breaker. I hadn't gone up the Inverness climb from Linda Vista all the way for three years, and I'm good for another three years, or until they repave it. Whichever comes first. Otherwise, I'm sticking with Normandy to the get to the flat section of Inverness before it crosses St. Katherine. Fun (if you're masochistic) short climbs to get part way up the hill are Devon and Braemar. Steep! I took it sitting in the saddle, so that was good confirmation on my form. I hadn't climbed Corona to get to Inverness in maybe 10 years. That was nicely paved and smooth. The last time I went up it, it matched the condition of the Pasadena side of Inverness. Way to go, La Canada Flintridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.