Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Finds from the Grind - The Inverness Descent


The Inverness descent from St. Katherine to Linda Vista on March 25, 2017. I had last been up and down this stretch of road three years ago because I found the newly paved Normandy Drive was a much more pleasant riding experience. I thought the road condition might have improved because the Corona ascent from Highland had just been paved, but I forgot that was from the La Canada Flintridge side and not Pasadena. The years have not been kind to this road. Not only is the pavement really rough, but the blind curves are overgrown, forcing me further into a turn than I would like to safely make. It's too bad. That double hairpin switchback is still one of my favorite bits of road around where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.