Thursday, September 08, 2016

Finds from the Grind - Smoky Day



I went up to Clear Creek on Angeles Crest Hwy during a brushfire. Air quality was fine, but I still came back smelling smoky. You might think I was crazy to do so, but hear me out. First, the brushfire was far away, but the smoke from it was everywhere. The winds had dusted Pasadena with a fine layer of ash from it too. Second, I planned on the smoke keeping my ride up a mountain nice and cool. The Sun wasn't going to burn off this kind of fog or marine layer. I was only worried about the air quality and it turned out fine. It didn't even feel like a smoggy day in my lungs.

Still, it was a pretty lonely day since most cyclists are pretty sane and wouldn't climb into the mountains when they thought the temperature was going to be so high and with smoky conditions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.