Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Finds from the Grind - Gravel Shortcut


A brief gravel detour is a nice shortcut past the Santa Fe Dam to continue onto the San Gabriel River Trail. After the old dirt trail had been paved with asphalt, I wanted to see if there was a way to bypass going all the way to Encanto Park and around the Santa Fe Dam to get to the San Gabriel River Trail south of Arrow Hwy. And there was! If you don't mind a dirt and gravel parking lot. I was really wishing for some 25mm tires instead of the 23's I got on my road bike.

At the end of the video, you can see how I made my way down to the airstrip for the Santa Fe Dam RC Modelers. I'd seen this runway every time I went down the 605 and I finally saw it up close. I even saw a little plane land while I was there.


Here's some bonus short videos from the same trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.