Friday, June 24, 2016

Finds from the Grind - A Little Look A Little See



I checked out some bike trail entrances that were new to me on the San Gabriel River Trail and the Rio Hondo, as well as finding other stuff along the way.

That new tar around the base of the dam goes toward Duarte and City of Hope hospital and down into a quarry. I went back to the City of Hope dead end a couple of weeks later, so be on the look out for that.

I'm not sure what happened to that injured cyclist. He may have been hit by a car that was parked a bit further down the road. At least those guys stayed around to help, if that's what happened. The bike looked okay (priorities...).

And finally, you can never tell what a bike trail is going to look like even if it's marked on a map. Sometimes they're paved. Sometimes they're actually multiple use for hikers and horses, meaning it's crushed gravel or dirt road. That's why I always like to have a little look and a little see to make sure I can actually go somewhere on a road bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.