Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Finds from the Grind - On and Off the Trail



Down and Up the San Gabriel River Trail south of Santa Fe Dam. I rarely go down this part of the trail because, honestly, there's not much to see until it ends at Seal Beach. But it's great for training and I had to remind myself of that when I got behind a tri-guy who was going just a little bit faster than I was on my road bike. I wasn't on that stretch of pavement to tag along on someone else's ride, so I got out of his slipstream and watched him slowly recede into the distance before I made my turnaround. My ego was spared more insult on the return since it was slightly uphill. It's pretty rare these days to find myself overtaken by a lone rider on a positive grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.