Friday, June 06, 2014

Finds from the Grind - One More Threshold Interval

One More Threshold Interval



I was goaded, er, encouraged to do one more interval. Big thumbs up! Actually, I was already in the middle of a threshold interval, but David here (I need to remind you that he is 65 years old) thinks that I could do a bigger gear. After we cleared that little rise, I clicked into the next cog, went from 18.5 mph on this false flat to 22 mph, and held it as long as I could. Thankfully, David let me recover a little as he led me to the turn. And we ran into that fitness trainer I rode with a couple of months ago.

2 comments:

  1. Nice thumbs up from David at the end there...just need 25 years to get to be as good as that guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He kept saying, "You're doing good! Big gear! You're doing good!" I didn't feel very good... When he gave me that thumbs up, I said, "Okay, I'm going home!" We laughed, because I already told him that was my last lap anyway.

      Delete

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.