Saturday, May 03, 2014

Finds from the Grind - Water Weight

Water Weight


Actually, I found that I lost this water weight. It's a bit disappointing, because during my three weeks of shock block, I was trying to gain weight. This 90 degree morning covering the hills in La Canada Flintridge, Glendale, and Griffith Park just sweat all of that supposed weight gain out of me. Well, at least I'm getting trimmer, but I was hoping that some of that couple of pounds of gain was muscle. Oh well. I guess I just got stronger instead of bigger.

2 comments:

  1. Yowamushi LurkerMay 6, 2014 at 6:46 PM

    Not sure I'm following your reasoning there, but if you want to gain mass you need to be on a caloric excess. If you actually lost weight (assuming it's not water weight which is meaningless for the most part), it means you were on a caloric deficit.

    I'm happy when I'm not losing lean mass, and I'm fairly sure top level cyclists, regardless of the discipline, all do some strength training at least the off-season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that day was almost all water weight I lost. I did lose a little bit of weight after I went back to my regular diet, last week, so hopefully I keep most of it as lean muscle.

      Delete

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.