Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Coffee's Negative Health Image Declining

At a panel discussion in experimental biology on the health benefits of coffee, backed by hundreds of research papers over the years, scientists discussed the possible causes for why drinking coffee has been correlated with cancer and type-2 diabetes prevention. So far, coffee has been associated with preventing liver cancer, colon cancer, and rectal cancer. However, there have been some correlations with heightened risk of contracting leukemia and stomach cancer, which is another reason children and pregnant women should not be drinking coffee, besides the extra caffeine content. Since, I'm not a kid, nor a pregnant woman, and to help protect my colon and my rectum, plus keeping my liver on an even keel, I'll raise another cuppajoe to my lips. *sip* Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.