Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Crow Tools


Alex Kacelnik et al. / U. of Oxf
Scientific proof of an old cartoon. I love this stuff! Ever since I saw the old Far Side cartoon with a crow whipping out a spatula, I've been on the lookout for stories of crows using sticks, or whatever else, to help them with roadkill. Now we find out that the tricks of the trade are passed on by family members in the same murder. Look at that crow go! On another note, good luck trying to find an archive of Gary Larson cartoons on-line.

2 comments:

  1. Dude - Gary Larson and his "children"...ufta. I want to respect copyright laws, but I also like the Red Vs. Blue argument:

    "I don't want it to be illegal, therefore it isn't. That's the way it works."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude: I was prepared to sift through countless cartoons just to get the crow with spatula, but after I saw that one place, I figured, oy, not gonna happen. Still it was cool for the story to have that crow with a stick in its mouth. That made it worthwhile.

    We need a Toonster site out there!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.