Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Say Cheese Mr. Runner Man

Okay guys, as promised, I'm trying to stop worrying looking like a tourist.  Which is actually kind of funny since I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling this summer, so looking like a tourist will be a state of being for me.  Anyhoo, on my now very warm daily rides, I managed to snap this shot while trying to keep up with some old guy riding a 30 pound mountain bike going 21 miles an hour:

 

Image
See the little rock fence I'm going to climb to catch someone's backswing?

 

Honestly, there are a lot of old guys, and by old, I mean late 50's early 60's, that are plenty strong on the bike, riding around the Rose Bowl.  Of course, the dudes on 2 wheels aren't the only people I notice while pedaling in circles.  Hello Spandex Running Nurse!  (I just saw an old episode of The Animaniacs, so I'm throwing that line in there for you people of a certain age, and also for you older, geekier people of a certain other age).  Yes... the people watching while doing laps around the Bowl is excellent.  Maybe when I'm even less self-conscious I'll take pictures of the people, although, now that I write it down, it sounds a little creepy.  Okay, no pictures of other people unless I'm in them.  Then I'm only opportunistic and shallow, not creepy.  I can live with that.

Now that I mentioned The Animaniacs, I posted a picture of the Warner Bros. Lot water tower in a much earlier blog.  Here's that pic for reference:

 

Image
Look here for more cycle-blogging fun!

 

Now compare that reality to the loving attention to detail the animators give to the Warners' home:

 

Image
Cute, little, bug-children!

 

If you ever get a chance to see any of these cartoons and the other characters (this is the cartoon that introduced Pinky and the Brain), you'll know another reason why I happen to be so strange.  A good place to start is their "educational" songs.  I swear, these cartoonists will do anything get a government grant.  Anyway, look here.  So, in the immortal words of Pinky: "Narf, poit, zort, egad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.