Friday, May 04, 2007

More Gears!

I'm sure people are curious, and even if you're not, I'll explain anyway, why Helmety Goodness was so freaking late today. The reason was, I woke up early to go riding and then nab some sweet loot from a monster sale at REI. I'm sure many of you have noticed that I fulfill the "Grounds" portion of this blog's name, just with the amount of coffee posts here. But what about the "Gears" part? It even comes first in the title! It's not Joeschmo's Grounds and Gears. Sure, I write a lot about cycling, but that covers road races, issues in the sport, and riding to coffee spots... Look! I did it again! So, to correct this total imbalance in the Gear to Ground ratio, bladam!


It's all about branding...
That's a Shimano Ultegra Double Crankset with Speedplay pedals.

How many gears in the back? Nine. Any pictures of that? Heh, I'll leave you hungry for more, whiner! Now, gear also has the other meaning of equipment, so I'll tell you about the sweet, sweet loot I bought... a pair of gloves. That's all, but I saved eight whole dollars! That's real savings, as opposed to imaginary savings. Can't use those at all. Lame imaginary savings. Pictures of the gloves? Hey, this isn't a fashion blog! You want that, you go to Manolo's Shoe Blog. I can see it now:

Oh, and on sale at the REI, were the gloves of the Pearl Izumi. The fit of the function works very well for the hands on the handlebars of the bicycle. And the Joeschmo avoids the annoying tan of the hole by the purchasing of the Racelite Gel! It is of the Cycling Super Fantastic! Joeschmo likes! Click!

Eh, we won't be going there. Finally, here's the view of foggy Irwindale from atop Santa Fe Dam.


Dam! Where's the water?
Obviously, by dam, they mean flood control...

2 comments:

  1. Dude -
    Ah, Manolo, of the course.

    You must be running low on manga and anime if you're blogging about your own cycling exploits again. Lame vicarious exploits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude:

    Heh. You could write about your awesome El exploits while trying to read the tiny subtitles and being jostled by traincrush. Le-hegen-DAIRY!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.