Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Hairy like a man, I said."

When I first read this story about a woman picking up a lost dog, and then being arrested for theft, by the dog's owner, I thought there had to be a misunderstanding. But I picked up on certain details which raised one eyebrow archly. Forget all that stuff about the woman being employed by PETA and the arresting officer owning several hunting dogs. Both people can spin their encounter which led to the woman's arrest. The important detail is how a passing motorist witnessed the woman putting the dog in her van, and felt that the manner in which that occurred, was suspicious enough to report it as a theft to the sheriff's department. I'd like to know what this suspicious behavior was. Also, I'd like to know how long the woman was holding the dog in the van before the deputy sheriff stopped her. Because of the suspicious nature of the dog's initial "rescue," all sorts of questions about what this woman was doing for PETA begin to form in my mind. However, I hope the tipster wasn't just calling in a bigfoot sighting.


Get Fuzzy courtesy of Darby Conley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't comment on posts more than 4 years old. They will be deleted.